The purpose of the Hair & Beauty course is to provide learners with the necessary skills and qualifications to gain employment in the Hair & Beauty industry.
Learners are job ready as hairdressers on completion of their VTCT Level 2 Diploma Course (equivalent to QQI Level 4) here in the centre. There is also the option of progressing onto the QQI level 5 Course in Garrycastle for those who are interested in acquiring further qualifications.
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Apply Make-up
- Provide manicure Treatments
- Provide Pedicure Treatments
- Follow Health & Safety Practice in the Salon
- Shampoo & Condition the Hair & Scalp
- Salon Reception Duties
- The Art of Colouring Hair
- Create an Image within the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Work Experience
All video and photography work throughout the website have been produced by the QQI Level 4 Pathways to Employment Programme as part of their project work in the Digital Media Module.